Help! I Love My Best Friend!
There is no easy way of going from “friend” to “boyfriend.” So what do you do if you fall for someone who’s just your friend?
It is very common for women to develop feelings for their male friends. Especially if their friend is someone that they hang out with all the time and can constantly make them laugh. Here are some key tips from Loveawake relationship coach to capturing your male friend’s heart. Who knows? Maybe he already feels the same way for you too. There will also be some clues to see if he likes you back.
You want to accomplish two things here: you don’t want to scare the guy off, and you don’t want to make a fool of yourself.
If you’re positive you’re in love with your friend (you go around telling yourself, “I love my best friend, I love my best friend!), and you’re wondering if it’s worth it to pursue, even though you might lose the friendship, the answer is yes. The chance for true love is definitely worth it. If you lose your friend, that is a sad thing. But to never even try is sadder.
Tips to Turning Your Best Friend Into a Boyfriend
• Texting is always an intimate communication signal. By using texts, the guy is not sure how you are expressing your emotions on the other side of the line. Flirt a little bit and see what his response is.
• Call him words like “Hon” or “Sweetie” when talking to him. It will give him a sure hint. But not enough to scare him.
• Do not constantly call him pet names (this can get annoying to a guy pretty quickly) but every once in a while, use them.
• Hugs are always good! You can tell if a guy has feelings for you by the way he hugs you.
• The next time you hug him, try this: wrap your hands around his neck, and press your body very tightly against his for about 5 long seconds, and then let go. Did he hug you back tightly? You’re in. Did he tense up and back away? He’s either not ready or he’s spooked.
• The very last-ditch effort you can make is to be honest and tell him how you really feel. The worst that is going to happen is that he’s going to tell you he doesn’t feel the same way about you. Make sure you are ready to accept the consequences before you tell him you’re in love with him. If you don’t think you can look him in the face ever again, re-evaluate whether or not you want to tell him. Boys come and go, but friendship is designed to last a long time. You never want to live your life with regret, though. If he’s any kind of guy, he’ll let you down gently and it won’t hurt your friendship. It might be something that you two will laugh about over beers in a few months. Keep it lighthearted and you stand a better chance at not ruining the friendship.
How do you get men to notice you?
The first thing that most men will notice about you is your body. Yes, this is unfortunate, but that’s just the way men are built. But this should make you happy: the second thing that will get men to notice you is your smile.
If you’re girl who’s going out clubbing, or if you’re trying to catch the eye of that one special guy, try the following dating tips to get men to notice you:
It’s been said a million times: A woman wearing a smile looks a million times better than the one wearing a frown.
Make eye contact. Nothing says “I’m into you” like a short, lingering pause.
Then again, nothing says “I want you” like a long, intense stare.
Toss your hair over your shoulder, but don’t overdo it.
If you’re close to your guy, touch him ever so gently on the shoulder, arm, or waist. Don’t be too obvious about it. A great way to do this is to say, “Excuse me,” at the same time.